Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Memory Lane

I don't have any pets at the moment. I'd like to, but I guess I'm not ready for any sort of commitment right now.
Here's Michael:
The picture is from my place in Brooklyn, looking out over the back yard and the neighbors' houses. Michael was a hoot. He was part dog and would come running when you called his name. He'd get over half way to you, then detour at the last moment, right when he remembered he was a cat.

Here's Gracie:
Gracie is still alive, but living with the ex. She's the sweetest little pit bull mutt that you'd ever want to meet. She used to sit in my lap (on the floor, she wasn't allowed on the sofa). Not too smart, but such a kind dog. After the September 11th attacks I didn't make it home until late morning on the 12th. Gracie had been stuck in the house for well over 24 hours. When I let her out into the back yard so that she could go pee, she wouldn't leave my side. I miss her.

No comments: