Monday, June 22, 2009

Guana: the beach


the beach, originally uploaded by Jen!!.

This is where we spent our honeymoon: Guana Island in the British Virgin Islands (www.guana.com). I can't imagine anywhere else being more perfect. No TVs, no radio. Just us, hiking, eating, drinking, sleeping, snorkeling, talking, relaxing. I never imagined that I could spend an entire day lounging on a beach, but it turns out I can. (And I can't wait to do it again!) This is where we sat and read, swam, snorkeled and pretty much just lazed while sipping Painkillers and enjoying the peace and stillness that Guana offered up to us.

1 comment:

Sara Latta said...

Hi Jennifer,
Lovely! OK, so I have an extremely embarrassing confession to make: although I was not able to make it to your wedding, I wanted to send you a card. But I didn't have your new address, because I'd thrown away the outer envelope of your invitation. And then the months passed, and the card I bought for you kept staring at me accusingly. I'm sorry to be so belated in sending you my congratulations, but if you'd be so kind as to send me your address I have a card and a little something to send you! Sorry for being such a twit. This has been a strange, busy summer. Email me at saralatta at sbcglobal.net Thanks! --Sara