Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Achoo

Julia woke up this morning feeling kinda out of it. Everything she said was in a pathetic, almost whiny, voice. "I didn't get much sleep at all last night because of all the noise." Noise? Huh? "I don't feel like eating my oatmeal." "I don't feel good." Her forehead didn't feel warm to me, but her cheeks were all red and she clearly wasn't feeling well. I took her brother to school, came home and took her temperature. Wowzers. One ear said 102.2, the other ear said she was over 103. Motrin took care of that in fairly quick order. Then she took a long nap after lunch. Now? Now she looks like this, curled up on the sofa watching the pinnacle of intellectual kid fare, Bratz Babies. Sigh.Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. I'm a little worried that she won't be able to go to school to be with her friends tomorrow. I, of course, want her to feel better, but she loves these sorts of holidays. She's a very generous kid. We'll see.

No comments: